Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Best of Kyukokyu [Chapter 1]: "Warning!!!"

**Events have occured last January-February 2011


Hajime's POV [?!]

This was the first day I stepped into this prestigious school. It was definitely not what I had expected. Everything looked normal--there were trees around and all, and everywhere I go, it was really quiet. My name is Kasou Hajime--a new English teacher at Kyukokyu Gakuen. Like my brother Shurui, I was assigned to teach all levels. Shurui is a physics teacher in Kyukokyu. But, he actually had a very narrow reason to teach: to find true love. Now, I can't believe that he's already serious in teaching his students.
"Kyukokyu Gakuen is filled with smart and talented students. Try to think like them and be at the same level as them," Shurui once told me when he was still new here. "This school has 3 special groups of students, namely: the music prodigies, academic prodigies, and sports prodigies. But most often, they hang out at the tennis club or some other extra-curricular activity."

Before meeting the principal, I decided to walk around for a while, just to be familiar with the classrooms. When I reached the 3rd floor, there was no one except for a small girl with short hair flowing up to her shoulders.

"Ah, excuse me, aren't you supposed to be staying inside your classroom?" I called out to her. She just walked on ahead and ignored me. "Ah--"
She suddenly turned to me. "Classes won't start until 8, so I can still go around."

"Eh, don't you have hall monitors around?"
"This is a school that rarely has delinquents who skip class. Kyukokyu doesn't have hall monitors at all."

The girl continued to walk and didn't speak to me after that. Before going back down to the principal's office, I approached the girl again. "Uhm, before saying goodbye...may I ask you your name?"

"Sakura Keiko." she said, and left. I wasn't able to introduce myself.

I met my brother Shurui in the way to the principal's office.

"Yo." he said, waving his hand at me.
"What happened, Shurui? Have you found her yet?" I asked with my hands making a gesture of quotation marks.
"I guess so." He laughed.

"Oh well, let's go." I said before heading to the office door. I knocked on it. "Ah, this is Kasou Hajime."
A voice from inside said, "Okay, please come in."

When we opened the door, Kyo-sensei, the principal, was lounging on her office seat that almost looked like a throne. On her table was a large pile of papers, which probably needed Kyo-sensei's signature.

She stood up and removed her spectacles. "Welcome to Kyukokyu High, Kasou Hajime-sensei."

"My honor, Kyo-sensei." I said as I bowed my head.
"No need for bows, young man. What's important is, you will start teaching the kids today. Here's your schedule." Kyo-sensei handed out a piece of paper. I took it--it was my schedule of classes.

"First class, the sports prodigies?"

Shurui went near to read the schedule.

*continuation from pause*

"Yes, that's right. You're also their 1st subject teacher, so you must make sure they don't get bored." Kyo-sensei smiled at the two of us.

"Uhm, that's all, so you can now go back to your faculty office. Classes start at 8."

"Thank you, Kyo-sensei." I said, and left the office. Shurui followed and closed the door.

"Hajime, I'll give you backgrounds of those who're going to be your first students, only some of them, though. I told you to think like them, right?" Shurui said, and adjusted his eyeglasses. I just nodded, "Yeah."

"Well, I'll start off with the first years. The student you really need to focus on is Shikashi Akero. He never respects teachers, and he is a playboy. Don't try to get mad at him for that, instead, secretly try to change him for the better."
"Okay..."
"Everything goes on a rumble especially if his senpais and classmates try to give him counseling. Then, Serizawa Tsuki may be the responsible one. She's always willing--but sometimes I can observe personality changes that she undergoes. Next is Arasaki Ai. She is bubbly and cheerful--but if there are arguments, she usually takes sides. Satoumi Aki is kind of stubborn, still, he's 30% more normal than Shikashi."
"So, you mean..." I put one hand under my chin. "They usually have fights or something...?" Shurui nodded after I asked.

Sooner, groups of students passed through the corridor. "I guess it's almost class now." Shurui said as he observed the students who were coming through. "I need to go to the office."

He left after we exchanged "ja ne's" and so I decided to prepare for my first class.

Maybe "getting to know you" games were good on your first meeting with students. Surely enough, I don't know anyone of them yet. Walking along the corridor holding some student records that are blank and my lesson plan, I gripped on the classroom door of the special section--which contained the greatest athletes of the first years. But, someone else opened the door before me. The school bell rang, which signaled the start of our classes.

"Good morning, sensei!"

The girl who opened the door greeted me with a mellow, cheery voice. "My name is Arasaki Ai."

Like she did, I smiled at her and greeted her back."Good morning, Arasaki-san."
"Ah, please, don't just stay there, sensei. You're in time for class," she said. I stepped into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the convenience of the administrators of identifying spam, please indicate your name or nickname instead of being anonymous.